Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Last Time at Bennett's!


My Last Investigation
at Bennett’s:



          Bennett’s Publical Family Sports Grill in Miamisburg, Ohio, is one of my most favorite places – for some great food AND some entertaining paranormal investigations. I have conducted investigations twice before at Bennett’s, but this third time would turn out to be my last look at the spirits residing there.

I had been scheduled to visit the restaurant with the Night Stalkers Paranormal Research Team from Kentucky. The plan was for the group to rid Bennett’s of a menacing ghost living in a room on the second floor. I decided to make a pre-visit to help ease the mind of my friend and manager of Bennett’s. She was concerned the Kentucky group would prompt the spirit residing upstairs in a small apartment to become angry. She was afraid that the energy-sucking spirit, that once frightened her son, knew the group was coming to expel it from the restaurant. She wanted to confirm that she was doing the right thing by having the Kentucky group come in … and, frankly, so dd I. We also wanted to be sure that I felt the same thing I had in the past regarding the spirit so the group performed the right ceremony to get the spirit to leave. We both needed the comfort. Unfortunately, what we got left us with more questions.
          The manager and I walked into the small apartment and I set up all my devices. Soon I began asking the spirit questions. I had been instructed by Barry Gaunt, manager of Night Stalkers Paranormal Research Team, to try to find out if the spirit was evil.  This is what happened:
I had a temperature gauge on the floor, an EMF reader, and two voice recorders. I took two separate recordings within half an hour of each other; the second time, I came back and asked the same questions again to be sure. I asked Barry’s questions to find out if the spirit was an evil entity. I also asked some of my own and sent them both to Barry for him to listen, since I was in a loud restaurant. During my questions, I heard the following. But only during the first recording. The second taping didn’t get any replies, but I did record a temperature reduction in the room.

Questions and Replies:
What is your name? Harry (same name I got last time).
What is your purpose? “No. Hardball. To hurt people.”
What is your ID number?  “57” but Barry heard 8 on the recording.
Why are you here? Not fooling anyone. Move around. Hide.
Do you like the manager’s son, Ben? “Yes, Ben.”
Why do you like Ben? “Young. Energy.”
Do you like to Ben’s energy? “You fool.”
         
          After the questions, I had some light interaction with the temperature gauge and EMF reader. I asked the spirit if it liked my temperature gauge and if it could please lower the temperature in the room noting to the spirit that it was now 72.17 degrees F and if it could please take it down to 71. The spirit did, in fact, slowly lower the temperature in the room to 71, not once, but twice! The second time, about 10 minutes later, I asked it to lower the temperature again, and it, again, slowly lowered the temperature down to 71 but this time it turned off my temperature gauge when it hit 71! When it turned off the temperature gauge, my EMF reader quickly went off for 30 seconds, which was the only time it did.
          About a half-hour later, I used the same equipment and asked the same questions; however, the spirit only lowered the temperature in the room from 72.97 degrees F to 71 degrees. This was the only interaction with the spirit we had. Somehow, the air or energy in the apartment had completely changed. It almost seemed to me like it had gone into hiding!
          However, a strange coincidence happened when I was packing up my things. The manager had told me in the past that she always looks for pennies from her mother and dimes from her father as signs that they are with her and supporting her in her life. This helps her stay strong.
          Interestingly enough, when we were wrapping up the last session of questions, the manager found a penny in the middle of the room and a dime on the right side of the room under a window. I had completed a full EMF sweep of the room just before and I did not see them lying on the carpet. We believe that they showed up later after my sweep when we left the room for the short break. No one but the two of us had been in the room because it was locked. I even saw the manager lock the door after we left the first time for our break. The only time it had been unlocked was when we were inside the apartment.
          While enjoying my pizza and pretzel bits (of course I couldn’t come to Bennett's without getting an order). I was looking through the pictures I had taken and, disappointingly, did not find any new evidence regarding the spirit. I told the manager that this time I believed the spirit didn’t feel as strong to me energy-wise as it had before, and I think it was because the space has sat empty for awhile.
          This time, it felt like a low energy when entering the apartment, which was a big change from the last time I was there. The first time I entered the apartment, the energy really hit me hard in the face. It felt like an aggressive, negative, angry, energy-consuming spirit even as I stood outside the room and then walked into the room. This time it was different. It seemed angry but because of confusion and it hadn’t any energy since it hasn’t had a guest in its space for awhile.
          Unfortunately, around noon on the day the Kentucky group was supposed to come into town, I received a call from Bennett’s manager telling me that one of the owners was unwilling to let us come. We agreed that the best thing to do was to keep the apartment door locked to protect others from the energy-taking spirit. Maybe, one day the spirit will get bored, being alone and without energy, and leave on its own.
          The next day, the manager sent me a message telling me that she was unpacking a bag she had let sit for a few days and found two pennies and a dime. Maybe it’s fate.
                
       ©Rosella C. Rowe

Disclaimer:

This article was written from the author’s personal experience and perspective only. The article itself and all in it, are not an endorsement. The views from this article are the authors alone, and do not necessarily reflect those of the: people, business, or place, and/or building of subject.



1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a fascinating encounter! I look forward to reading about your next investigation!

    ReplyDelete