Tuesday, May 18, 2021

 

The Little Girl Who Jumped

Out of the Cemetery!

        A lot of people ask me how I knew I had spiritual gifts and could see things others couldn’t? Well… Let’s just say a little girl in a white lace dress jumped out of a cemetery from the side of the road right in front of my car, and then vanished before my eyes! That’s when I had to accept I was different!

          I was driving along on Swailes Road near my home in Troy, Ohio that I drive on each day. I had just picked up my two little kids, both under the age of 7. We were talking and singing songs as I drove up a small hill when I suddenly saw a little girl appear out of nowhere on the side of the road.  The girl looked about the age of 12 and was wearing an old-fashioned Victorian-style white lace dress.

Suddenly, the little girl leaped in front of my car shouting out to me, “I can’t find my parents! Help!” as she looked me straight in the eyes, then vanished under my car. Thinking I would certainly hit her, I stopped the car. I waited for a few second breathing frantically from fear. I noticed something odd; I never heard a thump.

I jumped out of my Honda Pilot, not even concerned that someone might hit me from behind on the busy road, and I ran to the front of my car, but the girl was gone. There was no damage to my car, and nothing unusual. I began to look around everywhere but didn’t see the girl.

          Unexpectedly, I felt an overwhelming feeling of sadness and loneliness come over me. Turning toward my car to look at my kids, I heard someone crying. The cry sounded like a female child. She sounded sad and distressed. I looked around again knowing it wasn’t my kids, because I could see them in the car. I was looking right at them. I knew it must be the little girl in the white-laced dress I was hearing.

          I looked over to the spot where the little girl had jumped from but saw only trees and overgrown brush, and grasses. I didn’t see any signs of footsteps or anything strange. I got into my car again and asked my confused children, “Is anyone hurt?” They shook their heads to say no. “What did you see, Mommy?” my daughter asked frightened.

          “Didn’t you see that little girl jump out in front of our car?” I asked her with distress in my voice. My daughter looked at her younger brother, skeptically. They exchanged odd looks, then the two children looked back at me, “No,” they said.

          Suddenly, I remembered the Thomas Cemetery was behind those trees and brush. The cemetery was far down a little road near us. I remembered an old article in the newspaper, years ago, stating that the original cemetery of the settlers of my hometown, Troy, Ohio; used to be at the intersection up ahead on Swailes and Peters. Years back, they moved the cemetery to make this road, expanding the town.

It was very creepy! We’ve driven through that intersection almost every day of our lives so it was strange to think it used to be a cemetery. The scenery was so pretty, and it had a creek that ran right next to the road.

          The little girl must have been from the Thomas Cemetery. I felt terrible. She must have been calling for help because she couldn’t find her parents! That would explain why I felt sad and lonely, and then heard a female child crying.

          As I realized this, I put the Honda Pilot in drive and made a quick U-turn, driving back to the little road leading to the cemetery. I found the small road and turned down it. My kids looked at each other oddly, as in “what’s going on and what the heck is mom doing?”

          I was curious. I didn’t know if I would see the young girl in the dress again but I just had to look! Would I find her? I thought as my heart pounded and I continued down the small woodsy road.

          I thought, It must be awful to be all alone and not know where your parents are. I felt so sorry for the little girl and I didn’t know if I could help her but I certainly had to see if I could try. She obviously must have appeared to me for a reason. I continued down the long forested road until the woods cleared, revealing the cemetery on a huge hill to the left of the road.

          I stopped the car and stepped out. I walked in front of my Pilot and as soon as I stepped in front of my car, I saw her up on the hill hiding behind a gravestone.

          The little girl giggled as she hid behind the headstones, peeking out at me. I watched her for what seemed hours but could only have been minutes. She emerged from behind a stone then ran as she giggled from stone to stone on the hill. All the while, she smiled back at me as she hid behind the weathered old markers.

          I could tell she was happy to see someone who cared about her and could see her. She certainly loved the attention. I stood still, watching her play. Her old white lace dress looking almost cream-colored and faded with time as it blew behind her in the light winds. Her pale-ashen skin almost coming alive, as the sunshine poured down from the heavens above as she ran gleefully on top of the hill.

          Then the young girl stopped, looking directly at me with a beautiful smile. She stared at me for a moment taking me in. I felt a sudden wave of happiness and delight come over me, as if the little girl was thanking me for stopping. Thanking me for caring.         

          I felt her emotions spread throughout my body. And tears rolled down my cheeks. I knew the little girl in white was saying ‘goodbye.’ The young girl raised her right hand and waved to me, as she vanished into the afternoon sun on the hill.

 

©Rosella C. Rowe

For more check out my blog: MyHauntedTravelBlog.blogpsot.com & my podcast: https://anchor.fm/ahauntinggoodtime

 and Facebook Page and Twitter:

FB: @RosellaCRoweAuthor

@Ahauntinggoodtimeradioshow

Twitter: @RosellaCRowe1

Email: RosellaC.Rowe@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment