Thursday, March 21, 2024

“What In Sam Hell Was That?”

 

What In Sam Hell Was That?

Bobby Shook called me one night and asked me to come to the Museum to give readings for family and friends of his who played Bingo over the weekend. When Bobby calls, you come.

When I arrived Bobby greeted me at the door of the bingo hall, then I was led into the large building. It was 11am on a Saturday morning and bingo wasn’t scheduled until later that night, so I knew we were the only people inside the building.

       Bobby sat down atop a large bingo folding table used in the hall for the game as he began updating me on my schedule for the day, which was always packed full.  I suddenly heard a little boy’s voice cry out inside the large hall. I knew we were alone in the building so I stopped to listen.

The sound of the little boy’s cry was muted but I knew I had heard it. I listened intently to see if I could hear it again. Tuning out, poor Bobby in the meantime he saw that I was no longer listening and I was acting strangely, so he paused. I must have looked like I was in another world.

“Hello! Do I need to be here? Are you listening to me?” Bobby asked me, being his comical-self, as always.

I chucked and said, “Don’t you hear it?” and stopped again to listen to our surroundings. Soon I heard the small voice again. “That!” I exclaimed. “Did you hear that voice? It’s a little boy.”

       “You know me.” He replied. “I can’t hear anything, but it you heard it, I believe you.”

Just then, I heard a new voice! However, this voice had come from a different direction. It seemed like it had come from the bathrooms, which were known to be very haunted. I have had lots of experiences myself in the hall’s bathrooms.

       “Bobby, now it’s coming from the bathrooms,” I said turning around to look in a new direction. “This voice was a female voice.”

       “No Rosella, I don’t hear a thing, but again; you know me.” Bobby said putting his hands up in the air.
      

An hour later I was giving a reading to a woman, Bobby’s Bingo Customer in the large hall when a loud bang came from the back end of the hall’s ceiling.

The client and I both jumped in fear from the loud sound and stopped talking.  Bobby came running out of his office noticeably startled from the sound. He looked at us both. “What in Sam Hell did you do to make that noise?” He asked us shaken.

“We don’t know what it was.” I said as the client and I both looked at him in confusion. “We didn’t touch anything. We are just as freaked out as you.” He grinned and looked around the infamous haunted building and quickly understood. He then told us if we needed him or it happened again, to come get him right away.

       After Bobby walked away we looked around the bingo hall for a moment, and then resumed the reading.

A few minutes later, the client’s mother came through, the woman had a very strong spirit and I could feel it.  I saw her mother standing by the bathrooms toward the back of the hall. It was a very strange place to stand, and coincidentally; where I heard the female voice earlier that day. It seemed odd that she stood a football field away from her kin. However, her mother told me a message for her child, my client to repeat.

I began telling the client the message from her mother. I also told the client what her mother looked like. Normally I see spirits in my mind’s eye but this time I saw the spirit of this client’s mother, in what looked like a living-person’s form, almost in present time. It’s rare that I see a full bodied apparition of a spirit, looking like a living breathing person, but it has happened to me in the past.  I knew this message must be special.

       Suddenly the client denied what the mother said to me in her message, I think due to embarrassment, and the craziest thing happened.

I saw her mother move in lighting-flash speed across the huge hall heading right towards us and appear in less than 2 seconds in front of the table sitting in front me. The table sat in between myself and the client (her daughter), and the mother currently stood right next her daughter with a very upsetting expression on her face.  Wow was she mad!

The mother began bending down towards her grown-child, sitting in a chair and yelled directly in her face! “Tell the truth!” I then saw the chair next in between the mother (spirit) and daughter move sideways and we jumped as we heard her mother’s voice out loud. The client jumped and confessed she was lying immediately.

       I then saw her mother smile and disappear into thin air.

Bobby came running out of his office again and said, “Rosella, what in Sam Hell did you do now!?” Looking at the client and I. “That was loud! The client and I exchanged looks and laughed but we really were shocked at what we had just experienced.

From that day on, Bobby shook always teases me about my quote on quote, “loud readings.”

Late that night when Bobby was helping me pack up my stuff because I was going to head home, we were walking to my car outside, near the main bingo entrance; I said, “Well this truly was an interesting visit.”

“Yes, it was,” replied Bobby as he placed my cooler inside my trunk and closed the hatch. “But then again,” he paused intently, “all of you visits are.” We grinned as I gave Bobby Shook a big hug, got in my car, opened up a diet coke and started my long drive home.

No comments:

Post a Comment